Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dark Secrets Exposed!

Last night my husband had to stage an intervention. You see, it all began about a month ago, when I started watching "the biggest looser."

I know it isn't something that thin people are supposed to watch, but it quickly became my guilty pleasure, and I would secretly sneak into the office to watch episodes on line while my kids were sleeping.

It's interesting how quickly one guilty pleasure can lead to another. I was folding laundry and watching the finally when Helen walked out onto stage, weighing what I did when I graduated high school, and was playing sports and swimming 6 days a week. WHAT?!?! How the heck did that happen! The lady lost more than half her self over the course of the show! I was proud for her. But deep inside, I was depressed to know that despite a lot of Cardio DVD's later, a lady who was more than double my size, can now kick my butt in any arena.

There. I typed it out loud. I'm sad a woman I will probably never meet could destroy me in any physical challenge. I guess I'm just competive like that.

And that's when I pulled out the ice cream. I was half way through the box of "Chocolate-Chunk-Marshmallow" when my husband walked into the kitchen.

"What on earth would make you eat ALL of that?!?!" He exclaimed. "What are you doing?!? Stop!" (He's a good husband. Those are unsteady bridges for a man to cross, when he comes between a woman and her half-gallon of icecream.)

"I'm only eating the melty parts." I justified. Besides, I was saving myself work by only having to wash a spoon, and we all know that it is really hard to scrape the last melty parts out of a bowl. It is wasteful to rinse it down the drain.

The truth is, I normally do my icecream eating in privacy- only when the kids are in bed and he's not home. The fact that I displayed my secret obsession so openly when he was there to witness it does prove that I have a problem.

Sigh.

I will have to throw my depression into something else. Maybe cookies. Maybe strait up chocolate. I haven't decided yet. But I am leaning towords chocolate, because it is easier to hide, and no one can smell it baking, so I won't have to share. Ya. Chocolate. It has anti-oxidents. It will be a much healthier alternative to icecream.

Oh and by the way, Good Job Hellen. What you did is beyond remarkable. AND I'm pretty confident that I could beat you in an ice cream eating contest. You know, if you're up to the challenge and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment