Monday, April 6, 2009

Good Influences Gone Wrong


The Captain: "Hey Mom, if you eat really, really, REALLY healthy, is it ok if you smoke?"

Me (in shocked horror, who is teaching my son this?!?) "No! It's not! Smoking is really bad for your body!"

The Captain, "Then how comes Popeye does it? He's really strong, and he smokes a pipe."

When I think back, Popeye was dragging on that pipe of his more often than he was throwing back canned spinach... And suddenly a whole generation is explained.

Darn you Popeye! Teaching my kids they will be stronger if they smoke! And for ruining a perfectly tasty leafy-green for generations to come!

The marketing genius behind the mind that created a market for canned-greens: spinach and tobacco.

If I wasn't so sure that he has probably already croaked from lung cancer, I would bet he's still collecting royalty checks from the farming community.

No wonder TV doesn't air "classic" cartoons anymore. Eeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment