Friday, April 3, 2009

Kissing Medicine

It seems like every time my husband goes out of town, we all get sick. This trip has been no exception. Sure enough, right around day three, the Spring Cold hit, and pretty much all I'm planning for the weekend is a lot of movies, a lot of juice, and a lot of snuggling.

Anyways, about an hour before bedtime, my two-year old started asking for "kissing medicine." (That's what he's decided cough medicine is called.) As I was telling him no for the third time, I happened to notice the children's benadryl, and well... I don' t think I have to spell out where my mind went.

It reminded me of a friend of ours who was one of 5 boys. The way he tells it, his mom used to make them a nice mug of warm liquor every Friday night after school; she woke them up for church on Sunday morning.

And that's when I realized that we should move to Europe, where family dinners include a little whine for everyone... just what the whole family needs at the end of a long week. I bet European Moms and Dads get to sleep in on Saturday mornings.

And maybe the Entertainer knows exactly what he's asking for- a glass of whine can be a nice start to a romantic evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment