Sunday, April 12, 2009

P90x Made Me Gain 40 lbs

About a year and a half ago, my husband ordered this fitness system called P90x. Maybe you've seen the late night info-infomercials of guys getting all bulky and ripped in 90 days. Apperntly one night while he was throwing back some fried chicken, he became convinced, and placed the order. Our total home fitness system was on its way.

I was nervous from the beginning. It looked way to hard for me, and I didn't want to get all bulky. But being a mother of 3, and struggling to loose the rest of the lbs the Entertainer packed on, I decided to give the "Lean Routine" a try.

We were sore just from doing the fit-test. And once I started doing the workouts, I could hardly move I was so sore. I used to colapse on the floor in a puddle of sweat. It was by far the hardest workout I've ever done.

I lost 5 lbs almost immediately, and things were beginning to tighten and tone. About 2 weeks in, I must have been looking pretty good, because much to our surprise, we discovered that baby #4 was on the way.

9 months and 40 lbs later, I gave birth to our gorgeous little girl.

If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you won't be surprised by our sweet Lilly.

But what I am happy to announce, is that while P90x made me gain 40 lbs (and the sweetest little girl in the world!) as of today, it has also taken those 40 lbs off.

In the last 9 months, I have worked out 2-3 times a week, doing cardioX, yogaX, and coreX, intermitently, running, walking with Kristi (Who looks frick'n AWESOME if you haven't seen her in person in a while!), and trying to eat 90% good, 10% chocolate. I can only imagine what 6 days a week would do.

So I guess this post should be called, "How P90x made me gain 40 lbs, and a daughter, and then helped me take it off again." And I'll take the oprotunity to gush, I love P90x!

See you at 5 am, Tony. I'll be bringing it!

HannahX

4 comments:

  1. You mean 10% good food and 90% of that other stuff your supposed to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Ya, that's a better description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this should say "if you haven't seen her in PRISON in a while." haha

    congrats my friend! you totally inspire me. i have to keep reminding myself i have less square footage to spread everything over, so i shouldn't get discouraged... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding?!?! Kristi- you look FANTASTIC! Why are you discouraged? I'm trying to keep up with you skinny girl!

    ReplyDelete