Monday, April 6, 2009

The view from under the bus


We are on day 8 of daddy being out of town, and day 5 of mommy being sick. Yesterday I lost my voice, and am currently communicating with a squeak and a whisper.

Last night we went to my parents house, and just as we are finishing dinner, the Captain looks at me and says, "Mommy, maybe God let you loose your voice because you were yelling at us."

Bam! I don't even think the bus driver saw that one coming. He didn't even have time to slam on the breaks. It was a clean hit.

(In all fairness, I wasn't actually yelling, so much as I was speaking sternly with them about lieing about cleaning their room. As in they said they did, bu they really didn't - not the other way around. What kid does that?)

So here I am, under the bus, and I can't even yell for help.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this post, and the title of it especially. ;) i'm glad you will not be a single mom after today and that you can finally rest some. xoxo

    ReplyDelete